[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Glass Caps, Etc.

Like most young coilers who don't know much yet and are afraid to invest
much money I have a couple of probably odd questions.

First of all: I have built several glass caps of varying size (all i can
afford right now) and I'm not for sure if they work. When I wire them up to
a 15kV 60mA NST with a gap in paralell, a very loud, blue array of thread
like spark are produced across the gap. The loud part sounds like the cap
if giving the spark a punch, but should they be blue and threadlike? I
always thought that the fire like discharge was a sign of higher current.
Doesn't the cap raise the current by pulses?

Well, one day when I have experience I hope I can pay back the list by
answering questions like mine.
Thanks,

Adam
KF4ZVW