[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Hi All & ball lightning

----------
From:  Mad Coiler [SMTP:tesla_coiler-at-hotmail-dot-com]
Sent:  Monday, August 24, 1998 8:11 PM
To:  tesla-at-pupman-dot-com
Subject:  Re: Hi All & ball lightning

Hello again Cabbott, glad to see you on the Tesla List :)

As this topic is slightly off list I will keep it short - see below were
I have injected a few things.

Tesla coiler,
>> with a lot of extra cash and a hellava big project on my hands... to
produce ball
>> lightning using an out-of-phase dual tesla coil arrangment.  This has
been done
>> before, but didnt recieve much recognition and was dropped
immediately after these
>> two physicists made up some theory about how ball lightning works.
My website
>> still needs to be updated, but it details my design work.
>>
>> I am currently constructing two seperate tesla coils, both running
off of the same
>> cap/power supply.. (Has this been done by anyone recently?)  but with
one
>> catch....(hehe) listen carefully:
>>
>> The primary frequency will be constant with both primaries... (both
primaries will
>> be identical, hooked in series)
>>
>> however, the secondaries will be much different.
>> one will resonate at double the frequency as its primary, and the
other will
>> resonate at 3 times the frequency of the primary.  the primaries
(hooked in
>> series) will act as a hammer to each coil, making each one ring at
its own
>> specific frequency.  Why you may ask?  well because... each coil will
at first be
>> in sync... but as they ring, suddenly they become completely 180
degress out of
>> phase!! this sudden rise in potential gives way to a sudden direct
discharge
>> between coils.  this is the secret to artificial ball lightning
generation, as
>> proven by Corumn and Corumn in 1991. (I have references)  Now there
is a complex
>> theory behind all this, and that is what i am about trying to explain
and prove
>> with my setup. Basically, what it takes to make ball lightning, is to
achieve the
>> MAXIMUM rise in current density within a space. Yes, there is a
maximum rate that
>> a current flowing from point a to b can change. they've done this
experiment
>> dozens of times, in countless universities. its called the "z-pinch"
experiment.

A very attractive shower of sparks caught my eye in a magazine, and it
just so happened to be related to this z-pinch. I would recomend looking
up the August 98 Scientific American, and included in it is an article
on The Z Machine which uses pinching plasma for fusion energy. It is a
great article on new fusion technology, and the full spread picture af
sparks covering the project is pretty cool.
 Good luck with the ball lightning machine Cabbott.

Researching into all aspects of electrical tech,
Tristan Stewart