[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

vacuum switchs (fwd)

----------
From:  Thornton, Russ #CSR2000 [SMTP:ThorntoR-at-rc.pafb.af.mil]
Sent:  Monday, August 10, 1998 12:03 PM
To:  'Tesla discussion Group'
Subject:  RE: vacuum switchs (fwd)

You are correct about SF6 producing a toxic gas after exposure to
arcing.  We use it here on the Eastern Range to increase our radar power
capacity by filling the waveguide with it.  It is a mess to clean out
also leaving a powdery residue.  Best to avoid when you can plus the
cost has gotten very high.

Russ Thornton
CSR 2040,
Building 989, Rm.  A1-N20