[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

synchronous motor for a rotory gap

----------
From:  Gary Lau  10-Aug-1998 1058 [SMTP:lau-at-hdecad.ENET.dec-dot-com]
Sent:  Monday, August 10, 1998 10:19 AM
To:  tesla-at-pupman-dot-com
Subject:  Re. synchronous motor for a rotory gap

I was also unsuccessful in finding a surplus sync motor in any catalogs.
The old ASR-33 teletype machines have a 3600 RPM sync motor in them.  You
can sometimes find these boat-anchors at swap meets.  Be sure to save the
starting (running?) cap and saw off and keep the portion of the chassis
that forms the adjustable cradle for the motor.  Failing that, the
archives have info on modifying the rotors of non-sync motors to make
them sync.

Gary Lau
Waltham, MA USA