[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: HELP ME PLEASE!

>>>                                           __________
>>>                                          (__________)    Toroid
>>>                                               (          18"
>>>                       Gap                     (
>>>     -----------------||---------)             (
>>>     HV1     |                   )             (
>>>             |                   )             (
>>>   To        _                   )             (
>>>  Neons      _  caps             )  Primary    ( Secondary
>>>             |                   )             (
>>>             |                   )             (
>>>     HV2     |                   )             (
>>>     -----------------||---------              (
>>>                      Gap                      (
>>>                                    ------------
>>>                                  -----
>>>                                 / / /  Dedicated RF Groundrods
>>
>Kevin,
>	Because the Rf from your TC primary will EAT the poor neon's
>secondary alive! (the neon's secondary is a high impedance to the RF
>and the RF will jump OUT of some portion of the neon's secondary:
>ruining it!)
>
>If you change the schematic to one with a parallel (to the neon) spark
>gap and a series cap(s), when the gap is firing, the LC ringing of the
>primary and cap will NOT be across the neon. Why? Because the gap is
>conducting; and is effectively a short circuit across the neon's
>secondary where you don't want any RF.

Jim, the coil works like I have it, just not doing anything big, I have not
fried my neon, only blew the caps because I opened the gaps to far. If I set
the system up like you said to, and I did, it don't work and the gaps won't
fire. The neon sits there and goes hummmmmmmmmmmmm.

                                       Regards,
                                            Kevin Nardelle

Quality Control Accepted #28

What's the difference between a puppy and Woody Jenkins?

	A puppy quits whining after three days.