[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Optimal Quenching Tests

Tesla List wrote:

> > Subject: Re: Optimal Quenching Tests
>
> Subscriber: harris-at-parkave-dot-net Tue Jan 21 23:16:58 1997
> Date: Sat, 26 Oct 1996 19:42:02 -0400
> From: Ed Harris <harris-at-parkave-dot-net>
> To: tesla-at-pupman-dot-com
> Subject: Re: Optimal Quenching Tests
>
>     [The following text is in the "ISO-8859-1" character set]
>     [Your display is set for the "US-ASCII" character set]
>     [Some characters may be displayed incorrectly]
>

> > Subscriber: jim.fosse-at-bdt-dot-com Fri Jan 17 22:26:15 1997
> > Date: Fri, 17 Jan 1997 05:51:51 GMT
> > From: Jim Fosse <jim.fosse-at-bdt-dot-com>
> > To: tesla-at-pupman-dot-com
> > Subject: Re: Optimal Quenching Tests
> >
> > On Wed, 15 Jan 1997 21:25:01 -0700, Tesla List
> > <tesla-at-poodle.pupman-dot-com>, you wrote:
> >

> > >Date: Tue, 14 Jan 1997 23:37:41 -0800
> > >From: Bert Hickman <bert.hickman-at-aquila-dot-com>
> > >To: tesla-at-pupman-dot-com
> > >Subject: Re: Optimal Quenching Tests
> > >

> > >I really would like to be able to use a simple PSPICE model for the
> > >non-linear gaps and arcs.. any ideas on how to tackle it?? Jim Fosse has
> > >a rather complex model on his ftp site that he obtained from a German
> > >professor, but neither he nor I have been able to get it to work (yet).
> > >
> > Bert,
> >       Tim-at-Nasa (don't have his real Email add;(  has also looked
> > into this but I not seen any responses from him in a while. Ed Harris
> > might have some suggestion - hint, hint Ed;)
> >

> Well, if I can get pspice for almost free that sounds pretty good. One
> question though: is it reasonable to put in one's own models for
> things? You know, how do you build a model which works in pspice
> for some arbitary device? And how does pspice actually do its compution
> anyway?

Sorry Ed, I just began playing around with this program recently, so I'm
not familiar with its power. It does seem to have math functions and
various voltage/current controlled sources that could be used to
generate some models.

Is there anyone else on the list with significant PSPICE experience??

PSPICE solves network equations for node voltages, and can handle linear
and non-linear devices and circuits. If you can generate a circuit model
for the device (like a spark-gap) out of passsive and controlled-source
devices, then PSPICE should be able to solve for the circuit behavior.
DC, AC, and transient anaysis are all supported.

-- Bert --

<SNIP>