[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Tube coils for beginers 2

Hello again,

I have recieved e-mail from my uncle who is a manager/radio engineer
type and he replyed..

"These are pretty old tubes, and I don't know if any stations are still
using them. Probably, but I don't know which ones.  Could you use
pentodes like a 4cx250B or similar.  These are more easily available,
but require air cooling."

So what about it? The 4cx250B's I should be able to get used ones for
next to nothing. Again I am a beginer in this tube buisness, so be
patient if I am asking stupid questions.

Thanks again,

David Trimmell <dwt-at-efn-dot-org>

PS-- I have also an interest in X-Ray generation and if anyone knows of
any particular types of tubes that may be able to be pushed to produce
them please let me know  (Please contact me via private e-mail, as to
not burden Chip with off topic stuff) Yes I know the safety stuff as I
have worked as a Radiation Safety tech.