[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Time constant between primary and secondary (fwd)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Wed, 17 Dec 1997 16:52:15 -0800 (PST)
From: "Edward V. Phillips" <ed-at-alumni.caltech.edu>
To: tesla-at-pupman-dot-com
Subject: Re:  Time constant between primary and secondary (fwd)

"    I understand that the primary and secondary frequencies should be
identical (1 / 2 pi sqrt(LC)).  But it seems to me that the L/R of each
circuit should also be identical also so that the current rise graphs of
both coils look the same."

	Losses in either circuit will NEVER help!  The condition
you quote might be in the ball park if you were using a generator
with the impedance of the primary, and wanted to deliver the most
power you could to the LOSSES in the secondary.  Under this
con dition the maximum efficiency is 50%.
Ed