[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Vulcan Salvage in CT

[snip]
> I'm new to this list, and have already learned some stuff, and enjoy the
>conversations. This piqued my interest a little, because I love electrical
>surplus gear. I was wondering if anyone knew if this Vulcan Surplus has a
>catalog of any sort?
>Brad

I didn't ask, but it would seem unlikely.  It's more like whatever you can dig
up.  If you go there be sure to mention what you are looking for, since many
"goodies" are buried in places which you might never find, but they could point
you to.  Based on the prices I've heard people mention from other scrap yards,
I think Vulcan may be more like a cross between a metal yard and a surplus
store.  I think the prices on electronics are much higher than they would be if
sold only for "scrap value", i.e. by weight.  Still, lacking any other sources
in the area it's tough to beat, and they do have a lot of stuff.  Someday I
want to make a pilgrimage to the famous yard down near Richmond.

Charles Brush