[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

How far away is safe

First off, let me state I am using a good dedicated RF ground now!

I have been wondering about an effect that happenes during my coil
runs and believe it is attributed to human charge/capacitance but
don't know for sure; hence this post.

I can be 6 feet away from my coil during operation and get nippy
shocks when I touch certain objects. I have a friend who was 8
feet away and decided to turn off a table lamp and said he was shocked
be the plastic on/off knob. When within the system's field, does a
human aquire a charge or potential?

thanks,
Bob Schumann

P.S. Got to meet one of the list members, Richard Wall, at a recent
hamfest. A unique individual and the first I have met face to face from
the group. (He pointed out a good variac sale :)