[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Tesla Coils

 > From: mconway-at-deepthnk.kiwi.gen.nz (Mark Conway)
 > Subject: Re: Grounding
 > To: richard.quick-at-slug.st-louis.mo.us

 MC> Thanks for answering my questions about grounding- I still
 MC> have a few questions on this which I will ask...

Got your reply. This internet address is new, and still loaded
with bugs. I am pretty much at the mercy of the sysop....

 MC> I have just bought the 6 inch plastic pipe for it - it is grey
 MC> stormwater pipe, not schedule 40 but it is a bit thicker than the
 MC> usual pvc downpipe used in houses. Do you think that this will
 MC> be ok? I have just seen your post on Chip's email about plastic
 MC> pipes for Tesla coils- how do you bake your pipe to drive out
 MC> moisture- do you use a blow dryer or what?

You don't say what particular plastic you have, but assuming it is
PVC (Poly-Vinyl-Chloride); then yes you need to gently bake it with
an oven at 40 - 50 degrees C for 30 - 40 minutes. You could use a
blow drier on a very dry day.

 MC> I cant locate any aluminium flashing over here but I can get
 MC> copper flashing ( 12 inches wide and 0.08mm thick (what you
 MC> would call about 4 mils thick)- a bit thinner than the 10mil
 MC> aluminium flashing you use over there). Do you think that it
 MC> will be ok?

Yes, that substitution would be fine.