[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Grounding

Correct me if I am wrong, (someone will) but if you don't ground the
bottom, doesn't that act like a 1/4 wave transmission line that is
-not- shorted at one end, therefore a high impedance and voltage
does -not- appear at the top? Or since it is only locally grounded, with
weak capacitive coupling to global ground, you have a 'weak' ground
and therefore not as high an impedance or voltage as with a good ground.
Could you get around this grounding requirement by using a 1/2 wave coil,
ie, both ends are high impedance and voltage, with the center either
grounded or not grounded? Didn't Tesla do just this with some of his coils?
steve.greenfield-at-rook.wa-dot-com

... Just putting my 2 cents in... Whadya mean, ya want a discount!
___ Blue Wave/QWK v2.12