[Home][2023 Index] [TCML] Various coil parts needing a new home, want to build a colossal sized coil? [Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]

[TCML] Various coil parts needing a new home, want to build a colossal sized coil?

I've tried to move a few of these parts on facebook, but never seemed to
have much of any interest out there.  So I thought I'd give it a try here
to the group.  Otherwise, I'm getting close to the point that I'll simply
have to scrap them.

I don't think the mailing list will forward pictures, so hopefully this
share will work for at least a few of the pics:
https://photos.app.goo.gl/ngHs1MGbGQNgEpEm7

A quick list of the high points:
3ph 250kva linear variac
Dozens of cornell dubilier 8500uf electrolytic capacitors rated at 350vdc
up to 400vdc peak.
Dozens of oil filled caps, I want to say they're rated at 46uf and 580vac.
Also some 13uf caps rated at 1200v.
A pair of EEV kylstrodes
Jennings 3ph vacuum contactor (I don't have the data plate handy, but it
was the HV disconnect for a 50kw AM transmitter.  I know that transmitter
had 4cx35000's in it so that could be up to 20kv)
And now for the big part.  A NWL 260kva transformer.  It can put out
24-27kv at ~9 AMPS!

Most of the stuff is at my shop.  But the transformer is at a friend's
shop.  That's the big thing I need to deal with immediately because the
landlord has listed the property up for sale.  Matt does have a forklift so
we can load it onto a trailer for you.

I'm interested in building some large DRSSTC coils.  Also would like to
find a turbomolecular pump and vacuum chambers to build a fusor.  Or some
caps for a large RSG coil I'm eventually going to build.  I'm located about
45 mins west of Atlanta, GA near the GA/AL line just north of I-20.