[Home][2021 Index] [TCML] Re: Terry/lowpass filter design, OBIT [Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]

[TCML] Re: Terry/lowpass filter design, OBIT

Hi Joshua,

I would not get hung up trying to optimize attenuation of your coil's
resonant frequency.  Again, the point of the R-C finter in the Terry filter
is to filter out VHF bursts that occur during the gap's zero-crossings.

As to why your filter cap died a fiery death, that is a mystery.  Perhaps a
construction defect where you had just two in series rather than three?