[Home][2021 Index] [TCML] Re: Mains Staccato / SGTC [Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]

[TCML] Re: Mains Staccato / SGTC

Hi all,
I want to add a reply I made recently elsewhere, so we have this info here
also.

"Well...on your stressful comment...I have now been running the mains
Staccato on this SGTC about 15 hours total run time, since when I first
tried this recently. I am not making this up, for the skeptical. I have
been keeping track testing the heck out of this...and well...having a lot
of fun. NST has not been getting hot at all. And well, it is still working
great as I now get the coil itself running better for what it is. I would
think if was really stressed...it would have failed quite a while ago.

On the GFCI...I think you missed what I said in post...and mistakenly seen
the picture of the GFCI module as looking burnt up. At a quick glance, it
does. But this is the small rocks filler in the epoxy... really rocks...I
am guessing to save money on epoxy costs. I am attaching a link again of
it...a close up some and a shot of the side...it is all throughout the
epoxy.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/212YrL7Ncwnw7egm7

And there is nothing wrong with the GFCI module at all. I did not mention
this in the post, but I did a test before I removed it. I put the small
toroid back on, removed all extra inductance from roller, and run coil
again with module still intact. Ran it for 15 minutes. So it was the same
as before no problems. Switched things back...then it "complained" again.
They are well known of course to not work at all on any spark coil. I was
actually surprised it lasted as long as it did before first "complaint".

I will eventually make some measurements and share these.
But first, I am still messing with tuning and trying different toroids. I
have a lot on hand to try. I have collected quite a few aluminum toroids
over the past several years.

Okay, actually going to run and test some more right now and keep "acid
testing" this, and give some updates later."

And to add a little to this, it is now 17 hours run time.

Comment on measurements are for line current which I will get to
eventually. I will have an analog meter and will scope measurements.

Chris Reeland
Ladd Illinois USA

Sent from my LG V20