[Home][2021 Index] [TCML] Topload Sizing [Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]

[TCML] Topload Sizing

Hello all,

Thanks for your earlier help. I've got the varnish drying on my new
secondary coil, which I'm fairly sure was my problem. By the way, if anyone
knows a good way to wind coils with few gaps I'm interested. I made a jig
for winding and used a cordless drill, but even still I get the occasional
gap in the winds. Is this just one of those "experience and patience"
things?

On to my real question: Is there a method for sizing a topload correctly
for a coil? Assuming a toroid, you can choose different dimensions that
give the same effective surface area and therefore the same effective
capacitance. Are there useful rules-of-thumb for the proper sizing of a
topload, as a function of the other parameters of a TC?

Thanks in advance,

Joshua Thomas

--
Joshua Thomas

My new email address is: joshuafthomas@xxxxxxxxx
Please update your information if you have not already done so.