[Home][2021 Index] [TCML] Re: Switching frequency [Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]

[TCML] Re: Switching frequency

Total layperson here. Let me be very clear about that. But if you are stuck
in the realm of 60 hz mains, all you can do is work within what the "power
gods" are providing to you and 120 "bangs" per second is ideal for most
setups. That being said, you do have the option of adjusting the phase
angle of your primary discharge into your secondary to suit your TC for
optimal performance regardless of its resonant frequency. As a matter of
fact, it is my understanding that if your primary operates too closely to
your secondary frequency, you will experience a runaway effect where
overvoltages can ultimately destroy your apparatus. Most of my experience
is with SRSG TCs and nothing solid state so I will leave it up to the pros
to now clean up my mess of a post...

Very best regards,

 - Brandon