[Home][2021 Index] Re: [TCML] X-ray transformer wiring help! [Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]

Re: [TCML] X-ray transformer wiring help!

Gary very good insight into the rotary spark. Gap to big or not firing
properly would explain the variac blowing fuse after fuse just passed where
it starts to fire. Thays my second spark gap sorry third. First was a bench
grinder with a 4 inch solid rubber body mount from a vehicle with four even
spaced hole drilled and 2 pieces of wire ran around opposite sides of the
back and everything wrapped in electrical tape on top of that actual seemed
to work well then second was a six inch lexan disc I ground round on the
bench grinder and mounted on a hand grinder. Eventually the disc shattered
and I realized that was way to unsafe so I took a wire wheel cup and cut
off all the wires which I will never do again seeing how I'm still getting
jabbed from them in random clean cloths I put on they just seem to travel
everywhere even have the missus curse me every now and again when she gets
one. So third Idea which worked really well but was already starting to get
loose from vibration was an 8 cylinder distributor cap mounted on the
grinder wheel with fixed and adjustable oil burner ignitor insulated points
on either side of it for the pick up but the grinder makes me nervous after
seeing the lexan shatter and gimme a good slice across a finger. I also
where safety glasses when anything is running. So that's when I came up
with the bench grinder fan wheel idea because the benchgrinder is heavier
and easier to secure plus im only looking a 3500 rpm versus an unstable
10,000rpm. What do you think k about removing the fan wheel an installing
distributor cap on that? The point are heavy duty and so of designed for  a
similar purpose minus the 3500 rpm?
https://linksharing.samsungcloud.com/mY3qLItSqYeL
Valid until: Feb 23, 2021