[Home][2021 Index] [TCML] Re: Variac troubles [Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]

[TCML] Re: Variac troubles

Hi Jay,

Not sure if I can really help yet...

But are you running this on single phase or 3 phase input?
Not clear with info you gave so far.

If 3 phase supply, what is the type exactly?

So if using single phase, did you rewire the 3 cores and get and use the 3
required chokes?

You are already on the expected inrush when they are big like this and
various methods to try to deal with this... but if there is a problem
elsewhere?

Are you using just "standard residential" breakers?

There are industrial motor delay types available, but not likely to be the
same type to fit into a standard residential breaker box. So would require
a different high main supply branch and then these motor delay breakers in
it's own breaker box.

So a few more details needed and a few suggestions from me here.

And I am sure some others more knowledgeable on variacs will soon chime
in...

Chris Reeland
Ladd IL USA

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Tab® S