[Home][2020 Index] [TCML] Moster Variac Update [Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]

[TCML] Moster Variac Update

Hi Everyone,

A few months back I posted that I have have a huge variac for sale. But I didn’t know anything else about it. I contacted Mike Miga of Superior Electric and sent him photos of the transformer. I never heard back until just a couple of weeks ago. Here is what he had to say about it. Also given what I know about the variable auto-transformer, I’m going to ask a little more for it now. I believe $200, plus shipping would be more than fair.

I have it listed for sale on FB Marketplace. If anyone wants to see it, you can click on the following link. If anyone wants to purchase it, please contact me by email or phone. https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/488578965151444 <https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/488578965151444>

Steffan
360-808-1246
steffan.heydon@xxxxxxxxx

Here are the specks….

INFO: You wanted info on the larger 35A variable you have.  It's a GE/Weschler, 95-Frame unit.  In 2005, Superior Electric purchased the Volt-Pac Variable Auto-Transformer product line from Weschler.  Instead of “toroidal” commutation with a brush, the 95-Frame design is called a “side-winder” commutation using carbon rollers.  Same results as our toroidal style 1256D/1296D Series, just a different design approach by GE over 80 years ago.  We produce it this way after acquiring the product line.