[Home][2020 Index] Re: [TCML] Pig in Milwaukee [Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]

Re: [TCML] Pig in Milwaukee

On 2/22/20 4:59 PM, Eric wrote:
Do you have a way to transport?

You can call up a LTL (Less than Load) freight company and get a quote. If it's on a pallet, that's pretty easy. I've shipped heavy things across country for very reasonable prices (300 lbs was about $100, but 15-20 years ago).

Places like Old Dominion and Yellow Freight do this kind of thing all the time.

here's a website that explains it in some detail (I just googled LTL, never worked with these folks, etc.)

https://ziplinelogistics.com/blog/ltl-rates/

The rates are "per hundredweight" so a 600 pound thing would be $240 with all the other things.

Your freight class determines a lot. Class 50 is "fits on a pallet, shrink wrapped, very durable" I've shipped things like pigs and industrial equipment as Class 50.

https://www.fmlfreight.com/freight-101/freight-classes/

You're probably not class 500 (bags of gold dust), or class 400 (Deer antlers) (although I used to work across the street from a company that made everything out of antlers, furniture, chandeliers, etc. http://www.artedemexico.com/antlercollection_folder/an-ch579a.html )

robert massa wrote:
When I saw this ,my heart tried to emit streamers. !!  The problem is the cost of components .   Single phase is really calling !!
     Bob, illinois