[Home][2020 Index] Re: [TCML] Need some caps [Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]

Re: [TCML] Need some caps

That was good, wife liked it too.

-----Original Message-----
From: Tesla [mailto:tesla-bounces@xxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Lux, Jim
Sent: December 21, 2020 8:45 PM
To: tesla@xxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [TCML] Need some caps

On 12/21/20 5:06 PM, shaun wrote:
> The last time I bought any they it was through TTI for 3 buck a cap X 120. Now I see they are rolled gold. I would go $200, I know that is low, but that wife is not a tesla fan.

You could use the technique the kids at the stables would use when
trying to convince parents to buy/lease a horse.

"Sure, Mom, I could give up this hobby/activity...I'll just starting
hanging out at the mall and look for cute guys/girls, it's not like I
have to spend any money when they will."

You update it a bit, and explain how coiling keeps you off the streets,
and is relatively safe, compared to wingsuit BASE jumping, drag bikes,
horseback riding - you get the idea.

Yeah, the MMC is not as good a deal as it used to be.  Maybe you can
look for a single capacitor (i.e. a Maxwell or Condenser Products) -
they seem to be (used) more in the price range - but you do have the
"maybe the shot life is at an end" problem.