[Home][2019 Index] Re: [TCML] cores/inductors for resonant charging [Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]

Re: [TCML] cores/inductors for resonant charging

Now that is beautiful.Do you have additional details on the construction? How were the coil forms made for instance. Number of turns, layers. Where did you get that awesome core. Jay Howson

I built the coil forms out of PVC. I dont recall the number of windings (did the calculations some years ago), several thousands for sure, but each coil has arround 20-30 or so single layers, each layer is insulated from each other with special high voltage insulating material. So the voltage between 2 layers is only 200-300 Volts or so, when the charging voltage is applied. So this reactor works absolutely safe without any oil. Sorry but I dont recall the exact numbers, I built that reactor many years ago.