[Home][2019 Index] [TCML] Use of GE 9L18 CCL101 capacitors in Tesla primary circuit. [Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]

[TCML] Use of GE 9L18 CCL101 capacitors in Tesla primary circuit.

A while back I read a post from Dave Riebin about using two .25 uf GE
snubber capacitors (  9L18 CCL101 )  in series  for the primary capacitor
in a pole pig coil.     I decided to try the same thing with my pole pig
coil since I was using a bunch of Maxwell caps cobbled together in series ,
paralel combinations that occupied a lot of space under my coil.    The
upgrade also gave me a little more capacitance.   I was a little worried
that the caps wouldn't handle the voltage since my pole transformer is a19
kv type.
                        Well I'm  happy to report that the capacitors work
fine.  The coil produces bright 13 foot arks easily and might do better if
it wasn't limited to the space in my pole barn.