[Home][2019 Index] Re: [TCML] PFC Cap Bank [Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]

Re: [TCML] PFC Cap Bank

I simply use a contactor to engage my pfc bank. I have 500 uFd worth, which will draw a whopping 42 amps with no inductive load from the pure capacitive reactance. They definitely do tend to reduce the wall plug current draw when the heavy inductive load of the big transformer is online, though. I don’t think it really matters whether or not you engage them “under load” or not.

David Rieben

Sent from my iPhone