[Home][2019 Index] [TCML] The RF Police [Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]

[TCML] The RF Police

I am currently working on a pig powered magnifier. I am wondering at what
power levels do I need to be concerned with RF interference and (USA)
Federal Laws and entities getting angry. I don't plan on going over 10KVA.

The good news is, I live out in the country. The bad news is, I live 2.5
miles (as the RF crow flies) away from a military base. And in between my
house and the base, is an off base facility 1.2 miles away (as the RF crow
flies). I believe it is a training center, but there are many antennas and
my radar detector goes crazy there, so I know there is some sort of comm
link between the base and the building.

Advice?
~Dan
Kansas City area