From: "Matthew Sweeney" <msweeney23@xxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Friday, October 19, 2018 7:27:56 PM
Subject: Re: [TCML] Brush copper plating onto polystyrene

From experience I'll say that whatever the voltage rating (depending on
material thickness, flatness of conductor etc.) Once it punches through it
will have effectively 0KV rating :)

Not saying that it isn't fun to build your own caps, but without self
healing or at the very least the ability to replace parts of an MMC it can
get extremely frustrating and time consuming.

Depending your motivation to use a self made capacitor keep in mind you can
build an MMC for reasonable cost that can provide good reliability and ease
of repair.