[Home][2018 Index] [TCML] Primary voltage considerations [Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]

[TCML] Primary voltage considerations

Hi All,
I am building a 15kVA 3 phase DC coil and depending on transformer configuration I have the option to resonantly charge the primary cap to around 18kV or around 30kV.
I would prefer 30kV as the gap losses and primary heating are significantly reduced. However, the most I have worked with in the past is 24kV. I am concerned unwanted arcing between components might become an issue - others have written about it getting hard to manage at these voltages. 24kv was no issue for me.
Which would you choose? Any experience here?
Regards,
Greg