From: "Brandon Bebault via Tesla" <tesla@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Monday, November 26, 2018 11:20:59 PM
Subject: Re: [TCML] Ballast   good or not?

I’m interested in making a ballast also. Right now I have 25kva pole pig ballasted with a miller sychrowave 250 transformer and the secondary is shorted with the choke that came with the synchrowave. The choke is huge! I was curious if I can just use the choke it’s self as a ballast but I’m afraid to take it away from the 40volts At 200amps it was designed for and throwing 240v on the choke. I also use 2 Lincoln 120v buzz box transformers wired in series  to (for 240v) to add an extra 10amps to the miller synchro wave. The Lincoln transformers also have their secondary’s shorted with the chokes that came with Lincoln. In total I have 30amps 240v we want at least use 60a 240.

This is starting to get heavy with all the equipment I’m about to dedicate a trailer to the rig...

Brandon Bebault
Santa Rosa California

Sent from my iPhone