[Home][2018 Index] Re: [TCML] An O.T. weighs in [Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]

Re: [TCML] An O.T. weighs in

Hello Ken,

Wednesday, November 21, 2018, 11:25:48 AM, you wrote:

> Greetings, Tesla List-

> So...interest is diminishing, is it?  Well, I,m sorry to hear it but the
> same here, tho the fact that I'm now 90 will have a lot to do with my
> own loss of it.  Plus...my and my lady-friend's morbid fascination with
> our current & lamentable White House soap-opera.  I remember the huge
> 3-phase 440V SG coil on display once, down south of San Francisco.
> Secondary wound with cable used in locomotives as I recall.  20 ft or so
> screaming, streaming and deafening arcs dancing all around, plus the
> accompanying SG.  Yea!...Hooray!  (Can't remember who made it...)

> But my interest was in SRSS coils since that's the technology Tesla
> himself would surely have used.  His sparks were, of course, just to
> entertain prospective investors, since he wanted to broadcast power
> rather than make sparks. Cockamamie idea, that, but he didn't know
> (altho he may well have come to suspect it).

> Either whenever I can get to them from storage or else after, I will
> have 2, 12" x 3 & 4 ft undamaged secondary coils (self-resonant at ~100
> & 125 KHz), a Landergren 6" x 24", 6061-alloy toroid, and an unfinished
> primary assembly to offer up, in the East Bay area of San Francisco.
> The primary assy incorporates 4, "pancake"-style coils arrayed radially
> in order to create 4 flux paths thru the secondary.  Those coils
> together with their s.s drivers are made and in place on a 4' x 4'
> platform. The rest of the primary apparatus consists of power supplies &
> misc. stuff, all intended to establish an overall positive-feedback loop
> from secondary-coil current-input to primary coil current-output.  I'd
> supply prints of the schematics--some as finished, some not so.

> And BTW about the List's format: how come there are so many repeats of
> messages?  Clutters it up way too much IMO.

> Ken Herrick

> Kensington, CA USA

Hey Ken,

That sounds like one of Greg Leyh's coils.  Are you still mobile?  We ought to meet up at Greg's warehouse in Oakland and check out his new coil.  I'd love to find out how he came up with that inflatable toroid and see what kind of solid state topology he's running.

Dave Leddon

--
Best regards,
Dave Leddon