[Home][2018 Index] Re: [TCML] Where is everyone? [Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]

Re: [TCML] Where is everyone?

A lurker: me too!

I think I've been on this list since 1996 or 97. I can't recall how I even discovered it but it was a godsend. I'd searched valiantly for information on Tesla coils but most of what I could find was about the man, not the hardware. And when I did find so-called hands-on information regarding building coils, it concerned materials like double covered cotton wire, camphor & beeswax. I'm living in a world of G11 and Nyleze magnet wire, materials that Tesla realized he required, though they didn't exist in his time.

This list was the answer I was looking for with up to the date and real world information. I've built and succeeded almost all of the goals, (it never really ends, does it?), I've wanted to achieve in coiling and have moved on somewhat but because the list is near and dear to me, I've maintained my subscription which keeps me in touch with any new innovations and especially the people who have made the list what it is.

Long live Chip's list!

Daniel Hess