[Home][2018 Index] Re: [TCML] Where is everyone? [Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]

Re: [TCML] Where is everyone?

Hi Steve,
Perhaps I can shed some light on this from personal experience!
8 years ago when I would see pictures of TK's in operation, Big streamers
shooting out of a large torrid on top of a 4' secondary sitting on top of a
large complicated base. There was no way I had the $$ or desire, or
knowledge to build anything like this! So, I never even researched it.
  Then I saw a Wimshurst machine on a SteamPunk site with simple
instructions and cheap parts to buy for the build, so I built one. Then
built 6 more improving them along the way and making them more powerful as
I went.
   Well the sparks were not big enough, so next came the VDG's, and ,MAN, I
could get 14" discharges with them. By then I was doing a lot of looking on
the internet and saw that there were lots of simple little Tesla Coils I
could build for cheap that wouldn't "FRY" me if I made a mistake!
  Do you get the drift?
  Open the pupman site to include other HV toys as bait to get some
interest going in Tesla Coils.
Most young people today have never heard of Nicola Tesla or his inventions,
I think they just relate to Elon Musk as being the [Tesla} man!
Last week on Jeopardy Teen champions there was a question pertaining to
Tesla, none of them rang in!
Doug