[Home][2018 Index] Re: [TCML] Mystery HV capacitors [Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]

Re: [TCML] Mystery HV capacitors

  I think that application of these capacitors can be only for
multiplier and only for DC use like marx or cockroff & walton
multiplier. I tried to use in past for little NST SGTC and they
melted.

Il 05.11.2018 05:28 Steve White ha scritto:

> Does anyone
know anything about these capacitors? They are unbranded shipped from
China. The only markings are:

> CB80
> 2000 pF
> 30 KV
>
> I have
searched all over the internet and I can't find out anything else. I
know they are plastic film capacitors. I have a Marx generator made from
these capacitors and they seem to work well for that purpose. They have
an odd construction feature. They have nice solid axial leads and the
leads seem to go all the way into the foil. But if you look closely,
each lead has a tiny wire, much smaller than the axial lead, connected
to it leading back into the capacitor. You can't really see it on the
picture. I am wondering if the large leads are just for good mechanical
support and the tiny leads are what is actually carrying the current
into the foil. If so, I can't imagine these tiny leads are going to
carry much current. I am wondering how well these might work in a small
tesla coil. My hunch is not very well. My interest in them is because
the price is inexpensive.

> Here is a link to some for sale on
E-Bay.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/2000pF-30KV-DC-High-Voltage-Condenser-Capacitor-for-Marx-generator-HV-Ham-Radio/173570926164?epid=9020951115&hash=item2869a22654:g:4goAAOSw1Sdbtexc:rk:46:pf:0
[1]

> Steve White
> Cedar Rapids, Iowa

Con MyOpen hai Giga, SMS e i minuti che vuoi da 3€ al mese, per sempre. Cambi gratis quando e come vuoi e in più hai 10€ di credito omaggio!
SCOPRI DI PIU’ http://tisca.li/myopen