From: "Futuret via Tesla" <tesla@xxxxxxxxxx>
To: tesla@xxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Tuesday, March 27, 2018 6:23:32 PM
Subject: Re: [TCML] Unexpected RSG phase shifter behavior

Steve,

I've noticed this also for 240 bps systems.  It seems that as
the phase is shifted, the capacitor charges to varying degrees
during the 2 times that it charges along the 60Hz AC cycle.
If the phase is shifted far enough, the system fires only at
120 bps but each "bang size" is larger.  The result is basically
the same power throughput in any phase position.  If it's running
at 240 bps, and if the cap charges more in the 1st charge event
along the AC half cycle, then it charges less during the 2nd charge
event along the AC half cycle.  Conversely if the phase is adjusted
so the capacitor changes less during the 1st charge event, then
it charges more during the 2nd charge event.  This can all be
seen on an oscilloscope as the phase is adjusted during coil
operation.  It's possible to hear the sound change as the system
varies from 120 to 240 bps.

John