From: Steve White <steve.white1@xxxxxxxxx>
To: Tesla Coil List <tesla@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Tue, Mar 27, 2018 6:03 pm
Subject: [TCML] Method for attaining CW in VTTC

I have an interrupter circuit on my 833A VTTC and it works as expected. For testing purposes I would also like to occasionally operate the coil in CW mode. One way to do this is just to bypass the interrupter triac by direct wiring or by use of an adequately rated switch. The other way, which interests me more because it is more elegant, is just to turn the triac on all of the time by applying a suitable DC voltage to the gate. Does anyone see a problem in doing this? The triac on my VTTC is rated at 600 volts and is attached to an excellent heat sink.

Steve