[Home][2018 Index] Re: [TCML] VTTC tubes [Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]

Re: [TCML] VTTC tubes

Hi Jay,

After looking at several different data sheets, including another maker of
this tube, these tubes are somewhat similar to an 811A triode, but they
have twice the maximum voltage rating, which is a good thing of course :-)
Using these tetrodes especially in a pair should work pretty good. Since
you already have them, give them a try. Since I am not sure, will this be
your first VTTC? For me they are fun to "play" and "mess" with. Can be
especially challenging to get optimal performance and a long drawn out
process time wise off and on also. But that is what keeps at least for me,
interested and I like the challenge and learning new things tuning them up.
Currently, besides the one that I keep messing with and mentioning here,
that I thought I was done with a while back :-D, Steve and John some how
make me keep messing with it :-D, Dave a bit ago also :-), I have two other
unfinished VTTC's projects going on also.
But overall, they are easy to get going on first light usually for average
performance which as is, is fun to mess with also especially lighting
things up plasma wise.

Chris

Sent from my LG V20