[Home][2018 Index] Re: [TCML] Is anyone still interested in magnifiers [Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]

Re: [TCML] Is anyone still interested in magnifiers

I am starting to read the Colorado Springs Notes for the first time (I have
had the book for years) and also following along with Richard Hull's
companion guide, "Tesla Coil Builder's Guide to the Colorado Springs Notes
of Nikola Tesla". Basically Richard states that all modern coil builders
are using two coil systems, which Tesla abandoned early on. By the time
dear Nikola left New York he was already using a magnifier setup which he
called an "extra coil" in Colorado Springs. So in essence while there are
lots of variations in possible Tesla Coil configurations, the true-est of
the true designs is a 3 coil system!

I have wanted to build a big a gigantic 3 coil pig powered system, for
years, but I am thinking about building a small table top magnifier where
the secondary coil is a half wave setup (so as to eliminate the need to
ground it). Basically it would be a 4 coil system (primary, half wave
secondary, and two tertiary coils that are 180º out of phase).

I'd love to see anyone's designs/plans if they can pass them along!

~Dan
Kansas City area