[Home][2018 Index] Re: [TCML] rectifying my NST [Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]

Re: [TCML] rectifying my NST

I built the Marx generator about 3 or 4 years ago before the price of the
30Kv capacitors got to today's higher price.  Started out with two towers
of 10 stages each and that worked so well that I added 5 more stages to
each tower.  In the beginning I did have some problems with my charging
system which I overcome with added protection circuitry.  It fires about
once every 5 seconds with the power supply set at its maximum voltage.
Also built a small dual tower unit with small disc caps that produces about
a 1ft spark.   Just wish there was a source of less expensive HV caps and
I'd try for a larger set of towers.  Charles