[Home][2018 Index] [TCML] WELDING TRANSFORMER BALLAST [Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]

[TCML] WELDING TRANSFORMER BALLAST

Matthew Deming <mddeming44@xxxxxxxxx>
Wed 6/6/2018, 1:44 PM
Tesla Coil Mailing List;

The still unanswered question is why use the welder at minimum reactance
(shorted) rather than at maximum reactance (open)?
Matthew:

I began this thread with the same question. There have been an interesting array of replies. At this point, I surmise that the inductance of the welding transformer might be too great without shorting the welder output secondary, thus limiting the current to the Tesla power transformer which is often a pole pig. I wonder if anyone has experimented with both open and shorted welder output.

it would seem that a welder with mechanical variable inductance would be the most desirable.

Ron Reeland