[Home][2018 Index] [TCML] 2 MOT primaries as an isolation xfrmr? [Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]

[TCML] 2 MOT primaries as an isolation xfrmr?

If I take the secondaries off of two MOTs, and put the two 120V coils on a single E core and glue back on the I, then I should have a 1:1 turns, voltage, and current ratio and thus an isolation transformer, right? Would that work for any protection of my house current using one coil as the primary to the wall socket (core as ground to the wall socket) and the other coil to run a 15 kV 30 mA NST (ground or no ground on the NST case?) and then a SGTC?  I don't recall the flux saturation details of the core size of your average MOT for this 450 watt NST but I have about half a dozen MOTs, none of which I want power on as-is.. all too aware of the lethal hazards they pose.  I've been through an NFPA 70E training course.