[Home][2018 Index] Re: [TCML] multiple coils at same time off one NST [Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]

Re: [TCML] multiple coils at same time off one NST

Couldn't you just run each side of the NST as a separate 7.5kV source to each SGTC or would the firing of one gap interfere too much with the charging of the second?

-------- Original message --------From: Matthew Sweeney <msweeney23@xxxxxxxxx> Date: 7/26/18  6:11 PM  (GMT-05:00) To: Tesla Coil Mailing List <tesla@xxxxxxxxxx> Subject: Re: [TCML] multiple coils at same time off one NST
That makes sense, I always assume the spark gap In series.

So when the transformer 'shorts' across the gap what happens to current
draw?

That might be a trivial eletrics lesson but I find myself kind of lacking
when it comes to NSTs.

Thanks!