[Home][2018 Index] Re: [TCML] SRSG 200bps or 100bps choice [Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]

Re: [TCML] SRSG 200bps or 100bps choice

Steve et al,

Steve wrote>>"

 One advantage of the SRSG over the ARSG that I thought of might be fewer voltage reversals."

Should be OK with 200bps, but reversals will occur with 300bps especially if the phase is wrong. My [dangerous] 'trick'  I like to do is put the phase out of tune on my 200bps SRSG, to such an extent that you can almost end up with 100bps (giving more floor strikes). This action does cause voltage reversals though - currently one too many in my case.

Also I made the bold statement " [it] can make a safety gap redundant (I DON'T advocate that though) " That statement - more a throw away comment - applied to my 200bps only, which has 0.5" plus gap I reckon, but I wouldn't do it on 300 and certainly not 100bps!

To really spice things up - Richie also had a go at using staggered electrodes on a 200bps SRSG, this inspired me to have a go as well, and there is a page on this on both his and my site, and a video of a comparison test https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gcEjE8aNwtc. Sadly I never perused it fully as at the time the venues we used all had too low a ceiling or power constraints for meaningful tests.

Phil T