[Home][2018 Index] Re: [TCML] Ken Strickfaden's "Multistributor" [Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]

Re: [TCML] Ken Strickfaden's "Multistributor"

Thanks also for all the responses.

I have read the Popular Mechanic's article. In addition, there is a very
good front view photo of the rotary switch in Harry Goldman's book, " Dr.
Frankenstein's Electrician", on page #114.

What puzzles me is the large outer ring is metal with seven 2 1/2" long
electrodes protruding radially from the inside of this ring. The five
flying electrodes appear to be small diameter metal rods braced by a 12"
dia. metal ring. How does switching occur with this arrangement? I am
probably missing the obvious.

This could be a case where: there are no stupid questions, but there are a
lot of inquisitive idiots.

Either way, I would really like to build this rotary switch. I do not
intend to use it for a TC, just a stand-alone device.

Thank you and feel free to email me off list.

Tim