[Home][2018 Index] Re: [TCML] Watch your Caps! [Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]

Re: [TCML] Watch your Caps!

Wow cool stuff!   Nice toasted marshmallows there...

________________________________
From: Tesla <tesla-bounces@xxxxxxxxxx> on behalf of phil <pip@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Friday, August 24, 2018 8:11:30 AM
To: Tesla Coil Mailing List
Subject: [TCML] Watch your Caps!

All,
The Cornell-Dubilier's 942C20P15K-F capacitors have long become
something of a stalwart for Tesla Coil use, however they are not totally
immune to damage!
https://www.flickr.com/photos/33962508@N03/

This came about by running my 200bps synchronous coil with the phase
setting badly out - this was being done to simulate running as 100bps.
The cap string was rated at 36KV, and while that voltage rating has been
adequate for the last 6 years or so when running at 200bps, it most
likely proved too low for my latest 100bps antics; the experiment being
the 'final straw that broke the camel's back'. Lesson learnt.

Regards Phil