[Home][2018 Index] [TCML] What to call "sparks"? [Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]

[TCML] What to call "sparks"?

For years we have been referring to the output of tesla coils as sparks. That term just doesn't seem to do it justice. To me, "spark" implies something that is rather puny and periodic like the spark from your finger caused by static electricity. I have been thinking about the various different terminology that we could use. Here is my list of candidates:

1. Electrical discharges
2. Electrical emanations
3. Plasma streams
4, Lightning bolts
5. Sparks

My favorite is electrical discharges. Does anyone have a better term than "spark"?

Steve White
Cedar Rapids, Iowa