From: Tesla [mailto:tesla-bounces@xxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of David Rieben
Sent: Tuesday, December 12, 2017 5:25 AM
To: Tesla Coil Mailing List <tesla@xxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: **External Email** Re: [TCML] ARSG bridge rectifier failures

Terry,

I had pretty much the same problem with my big coil. I, too, am using a DC motor designed for a treadmill, that is rated at like 130 VDC for the drive of my ARSG. I was using those 1 kV, 50 amp rated FWB 'blocks' for the rectification of the 120 VAC mains, through a 120/140 volt, 10 amp rated variac for speed control. When I grounded the outed metallic casing of the FWB rectifier in question, it would almost immediately get fried once I even started to produce a spark output from my coil! Fortunately, I had ordered a bag of 10 of these FWB units, and I discovered that when I removed the ground from the outer casing and just allowed it to 'float', the problem was solved.

Maybe you could explore this solution for your setup?

David Rieben