[Home][2016 Index] Re: [TCML] UK Supplies [Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]

Re: [TCML] UK Supplies

or buy two NST and run the primaries in series.. More power is always
good.
*There are insulation problems associated with this, both secondary to
primary and primary to core.  Needs to be thought out very carefully
including problem that, at least in US, center tap of secondary is tied
to the case.*

Primaries in series, secondaries in parallel. HV on the secondary is identical. So no HV to core issues.

The insulation from the primary to to core is probably good to 600-1000V without thinking about it - that would be typical minimum for cheap line operated stuff.

I wonder if there's some "freight shipping" way to do it.
*Only way I've heard of is in someone's luggage and that's expensive now
too.*

I was thinking "boat mail" or the equivalent.