[Home][2016 Index] Re: [TCML] Terry filter resistors [Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]

Re: [TCML] Terry filter resistors

Hi Adam,

You'll find what you need in eBay item 131922021811. Eight are available. Although probably not non-inductively wound, they should still work fine for your filter circuit.

Bert

Adam Merchant wrote:

Greetings-

I'm in the middle of adapting my terry filter to work with my new
power supply; a France and a transco 15kV 30 mA in parallel. I
haven't been able to find ideal resistors online.... 1000 ohm 100
watt. I know this isn't a super critical specification, but was
wondering if anyone could offer some guidance. Maybe a web site or a
combo of certain resistors that would do the job as well. I did find
on eBay some non inductive wire wound 100 watt resistors for a decent
price, however the highest resistance available I've seen is just 16
ohms. Any thoughts on this? Previously I've used the kind with the
aluminum heat sink and I believe I've read others that agree that
this wasn't the best option... - one of mine shorted internally and
now it's like mohms and mohms of resistance.... Thanks a bunch

Adam