[Home][2016 Index] Re: [TCML] bottle caps allow pic?? [Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]

Re: [TCML] bottle caps allow pic??

I ran with 1 gallon cider jugs. 3000PF each with salt water fill. I found that spraying the foil with 3M 77 and applying and burnishing to remove as much air as possible gave a marked improvement in corona reduction and spark length.(jugs went from glowing purple to just a ring around the top) Have as much contact area as possible between the foil and conductor, as I have seen the foil get hot enough to burn away and blow through the glass. Setting the jugs on copper sheet worked well.

But going to a real pulse cap really makes a difference!

David Weiss

In (through) the dielectric…. I literally blew a hole in a mason style jar with the caps at approx 70 deg F. In a pathetic attempt to get the most “storage” out of each cap I only had a 2” space between the top of the jar and the foil, which caused flash over. I then went to a “peanut butter” style jar with plastic lids and all thread. But every jar had a corona around the top of the foil, pretty pinkish purple, but still wouldn’t kick as anticipated.