From: Tesla <tesla-bounces@xxxxxxxxxx> on behalf of Bert Hickman <bert@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Saturday, September 3, 2016 2:33 PM
To: Tesla Coil Mailing List
Subject: Re: [TCML] MMC Bleeder Resistors

Hi Ron,

You want to use the Vishay VR37 series (1/2W - 3.5kV max). They are
inexpensive and robust. Although Digikey is out of the 10 Meg size, they
do have over 15,000 of the 11 Meg resistors on hand. These will work
just as well as 10 Megs for this application.

Digikey part PPCHHJ11MCT-ND, price for 50 = $10.73 total

Another good HV resistor (especially for Marx generator charging
resistors) is the Vishay VR68 series (1W - 10kV max).

Good luck and best wishes,

Bert

Ronald Reeland wrote:
> Hi: I am looking for a source for 50 pieces of 10 meg MMC bleeder
> resistors. It seems that 1/2 watt thick film 2000 volts is desirable
> type. Are lower voltage types safe? And what are other present
> recommended types?  I have tried Mouser and Digikey , but get
> bewildered using their filters trying to find an available product.
>

> I will be using CD 942C20P1K-F and CD 942C20P15k-F 2000 volt
> capacitors which I ordered from "Online Components" for $3.22 (.1uf)
> and $4.18 (.1fuf)  each.
>

> Thanks,

www.pupman.com
This is the pupman.com tesla coil mailing list. It is now running new list management software, so any differences are likely due to it. To see the collection of ...